Date: Thursday, September 9, 2021
Time: 9 am to 11:30 am MDT
A foundation of the Leaders Circle’s methodology is creating brave space, a learning environment that allows individuals to engage with one another and have conversations about social issues in the workplace with honesty, sensitivity, respect, and generosity.
Participants will leave this learning session with practical approaches to identify hidden biases, notice the impact of unconscious bias on others and expand their capability to disrupt behaviours and actions that exclude vs. include others.
- You will discover how biases unwittingly impact the actions/conversations that occur in your organization.
- You will discover immediate actions you can take that will leave people with an authentic experience of being included.
Course Outline (interactive learning):
- Pre-program Reading and Practice Assignment
- Safe Space vs. Brave Space
- The Four Agreements to Having Courageous Conversations
- Unconscious Bias: What It Is, How It works and How to Disrupt It (in real-time)
- Neuroscience Behind Unconscious Bias
- The Practice of Inclusion
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Subtle Acts of Exclusion / Micro-Aggressions
- Micro Invalidations
- Moving into Action (application of this training back at work)
- Calling-In vs. Calling-Out
- Become an Ally
- The 5 Steps
- The Circle of Trust
- Ladder of Inclusion
Course Duration: 2.5 Hours Training
To discuss or book private company training sessions, please contact us.