Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Time: 10 am to 12:30 pm MDT
A foundation of the Leaders Circle’s methodology is creating brave space, a learning environment that allows individuals to engage with one another and have conversations about social issues in the workplace with honesty, sensitivity, respect, and generosity.
Participants will leave this learning session with practical approaches to appropriately respond to the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of groups of people who share common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.
Course Outline (interactive learning):
- You will discover and practice Authentic Listening which will leave you and others with an experience of truly being-listened-to (i.e., being heard).
- You will practice different approaches for taking action to address harmful interactions including professional concerns and microaggressions in clinical environments.
Course Duration: 2.5 Hours Training
To discuss or book private company training sessions, please contact us.
- Pre-program Reading and Practice Assignment
- Safe Space vs. Brave Space
- The Four Agreements to having courageous conversations
- Unconscious Bias: What It Is, How It works and How to Disrupt It (in real-time)
- Neuroscience Behind Unconscious Bias
- The Practice of Inclusion
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Authentic Listening
- Un-Collapsing the Vicious Circle
- Subtle Acts of Exclusion / Micro-Aggressions
- Micro Invalidations
- Moving into Action (application of this training back at work)
- Calling-In vs. Calling-Out
- Become an Ally
- The 5 Steps